Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0057c Desktop PC PN 3LA35AA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the HP Pavilion 590-p0057c Desktop PC PN 3LA35AA. I’m getting ready to buy a 500 GB SSD to use as a boot drive to get Windows 10 loading faster. Trying to verify what will properly connect into the LINCS motherboards M.2 socket.

HP's website is almost useless on this. It only shows "One M.2 socket 3, 2280 type for SSD". If this PC uses the LINCS motherboard with the intel H370, then are all HP Pavilion desktop’s that use the LINCS motherboard designed the same in regards to what works in the M.2 SSD slot?

Primary question: Does this LINCS motherboard support NMVe SSD drives? Or, only SATA M.2 SSD drives?

From what I have deduced, there MAY  be two choices here for this M.2 slot:

• NMVe M.2 TYPE 2280 SSD (interface-PCIe G3 1 X 4/NMVe)
  • SATA 6 GB M.2 TYPE 2280 SSD

Anybody know how to get some definitive proof from HP (deeper dive specs) that identity’s exactly what type of M.2 slot/SSD card type the LINCs motherboard (or at least this version) supports? Anybody have any detailed (slot identified) pictures of this MB?

I have looked at Crucial’s memory identifier (it says only a SATA M.2 SSD will work) but in so many other places that I researched, people say “the LINCS motherboard has a onboard M.2 NVMe slot for a 2280 card”.

Clear as “mud” if you ask me,

Sorry in advance for being so redundant!

(I prefer not to want the slower SATA type card if I can avoid it!)

Can anybody help me with this? Especially if you have done this exact SSD upgrade and now have an outcome to share 🙂  

Thank you,

Michael R.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

My experience helping folks with the 590 series PCs reveals the M.2 socket supports NVME drives (up to PCIe 3.0x4).

M.2 SATA drives are not recognized in the BIOS.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi:

Apparently it does support M.2 NVMe drives with the latest BIOS update...see this discussion...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Second-drive-m-2-NVME-PCIE-SSD-...

HP Recommended

How can I find out what LINCS motherboard the 590-p0057c Desktop PC (PN 3LA35AA) actually uses?

Also, so the compatibility issue making this computer work with M.2 NVMe drives came with the latest BIOS update? Do you happen to know what BIOS update that was?

Thank you so much for your assistance!

Michael

HP Recommended

Hi,

This (Link) is the motherboard in your PC per HP. You can get the MB SSID by looking in "Motherboard description".

Look in "Expansion Slots" to see the M.2 socket 3, 2280 type drive.

The BIOS update for this motherboard (MB), SSID: 843B can be downloaded here (Link). The "fixes" section at this site shows a security update but I see no reference to any feature enhancements.

I don't have hands on experience with this motherboard. The MB manufacturer can use PCIe data transfer or SATA (AHCI) transfer or both with the M.2 socket on the board. HP usually uses PCIe lanes only on most consumer motherboards.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.