Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0086
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi,

i've been trying to work this out via the spec. data but can't get a solid answer.

does the HP Pavilion 590-p0086 have SATA sockets on the motherboard so I can add a SATA 3.0Gb/s 2Tb Seagate drive i have in another machine?

also, is there room/support  in the case for this additional 3.5" drive?

thanks so much,

alasdair

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@alasdairm,

Yes, those are the SATA ports. There is room to install another HDD however you need to use the HDD brackets to install another hard drive.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@alasdairm,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I checked the specifications of your computer and I see that there is an expansion slot available to install the SSD on the computer. Below is the information of the slot.

M.2 socket 3, 2280 type for SSD

Please refer to the below for the complete specifications for the motherboard.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-590-p0000-desktop-pc-series/19390500/model/21858483...

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks @The_Fossstte,

That's not quite what I am asking. The drive to which I am referring is a regular 3.5" SATA hard disk. I need to know if these connectors on the motherboard are what I think they are - SATA connectors:

lincs.png

Also, is there room/brackets/etc. in the case to add a 3.5" drive?

Thanks for the help.

Alasdair

HP Recommended

@alasdairm,

Yes, those are the SATA ports. There is room to install another HDD however you need to use the HDD brackets to install another hard drive.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thank you.

im sorry to say it took me so long to get an answer to a simple question i bought a machine from a different vendor today.

HP Recommended

@alasdairm,

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.