Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Paviion 27 All in One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My All in One sounds like it is going to take off! The fan seems to be getting louder. I updated BIOS - it seems to have even got louder.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You either have a: thermal problem with a component, or a thermal sensor problem (BIOS-motherboard), or a run away Windows process.

How far do you want go in solving this yourself? I don't know what your skill level is, so some of the suggestions may have to be performed by HP or a local PC technician.

Try resetting the BIOS to it's defaults. Reset CMOS by pulling the motherboard battery (system disassembly required).

Clean fans and vents using compressed air or a dust buster when resetting CMOS.

High fan speeds can also be caused by system processes related to system file or driver corruption.

Run a Checkdisk (Link).

Could be malware??? Unlikely, but you cannot rule anything out.

Check Task Manager to see if you have a process or multiple processes consuming high CPU, memory, or disk cycles causing a component to get hot. A hot component will affect system temps, hence the fans kick in to cool down the system.

Regards

HP Recommended

I've uploaded to latest BIOS (which was a recommendation).

It's an AllinOne so the fan is not exposed.

I've run multiple scans with anti-virus software.

No run-away CPU processes.

All no luck!

Thanks for responding.

HP Recommended

Hi Morgers,

You're very welcome.

Check system temps using this portable software (Link).

High temps suggest the fan and internals need to be cleaned. Or the fan needs to be replaced. Maybe thermal paste needs to be reapplied on the CPU.

Good temps suggest a motherboard (BIOS) thermal sensor problem.

This is why you may have to have a local PC technician disassemble the PC to see what is happening.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.