Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion HPE h8-1222
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Replaced IPISB-CH2   Mother board with same type board  now multifunction card reader does not work
Model #: h8-1222
Product #: QW771AAR#ABC
Software Build #: 12NA1MRW608#SABC#DABC
PCBRAND: HP
HP Pavilion HPE h8-1222 Desktop PC windows10 64bit multifunction card reader driver does not work
I need a driver for 

multifunction card reader it is the same that originally came with the computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @red_9,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand you have tried connecting a Hub 2.0 + Card Reader, which clearly confirms that the USB port is working fine, now this could also suggest there could be a loose connection with the MMC reader. I would suggest the next step would be to open the panel and reset the MMC /SD card reader. 

Please try to reseat the card reader and check if that helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @red_9

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to the driver for the multi-function card reader.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

Most of the newer pavilion notebooks come with a Realtek card reader, so try the first driver on the list from the link below.

Home - REALTEK

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response, I Downloaded 0005-RtsXStor_10.0.370.147.zip (Realtek card reader driver), ran setup and rebooted. The sd cardreader is still not working. I did connect a Hub2.0 +Card Reader to one of the usb ports and the sd card does work from this addon, but that is a borrowed Hub that I should give back.

HP Recommended

Hi @red_9,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand you have tried connecting a Hub 2.0 + Card Reader, which clearly confirms that the USB port is working fine, now this could also suggest there could be a loose connection with the MMC reader. I would suggest the next step would be to open the panel and reset the MMC /SD card reader. 

Please try to reseat the card reader and check if that helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was pretty sure that the card reader was seated properly.
I wanted to get the original card reader to work, but with a $10 solution that also gave me a couple extra usb ports, I was not going to worry about it any more and was going to suggest anyone who runs into a similar situation to save yourself a lot of time and use a similar solution, but I did reopen the case and checked the card-reader connection and found the power to the card-reader was loose ----connected it and the card reader now works. Thanks to everyone who responded. Because of your reponses I did find the problem. I apologise I did not find it earlier.

HP Recommended

Hi @red_9

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that! 

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.