Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop PC 15-eh0090wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This isn't a very customer-friendly site IMHPO.  I can't choose HP Pavilion Laptop 15-eh0xxx from the drop-down menu just to get started. I can't find a phone number where I can call HP for help. My laptop warranty expired in Dec and of course I began to have problems right after that. I recently bought an extended warranty from HP but it isn't showing up on my dashboard. 

My keyboard doesn't operate the 1(!) and Q (q) keys consistently unless I hold them down or hit them with more than normal force. When I run the diagnostic for the keyboard they work fine on the test, but not in actual practice. 

I show that I paid for the warranty, but it gives me no further information about how to ask for help directly from HP. 

HELP!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@MrBillnSD1 -- 

1. I can't choose HP Pavilion Laptop 15-eh0xxx from the drop-down menu just to get started.

You posted to the "desktop" section of this discussion board, not the "laptop" section. That might make a different. If you include the product-name in the "body" of your message, the volunteer contributors to this forum can try to help.

2. I can't find a phone number where I can call HP for help.

Apparently, this is a deliberate action by HP, so that scammers cannot "spoof" their Caller-ID information, to make it seem that they are calling from a valid HP telephone number. 

3. My laptop warranty expired in Dec and of course I began to have problems right after that. I recently bought an extended warranty from HP but it isn't showing up on my dashboard. 

Did you get any "confirmation" E-mail from HP, after you paid HP. 

Did your credit-card get charged?

4. My keyboard doesn't operate the 1(!) and Q (q) keys consistently

There is no way to "repair" such a failing keyboard. 

If the extended warranty does not cover a replacement, done at your nearest Authorized HP Service Centre, you can search on Amazon or eBay for a replacement.  Then, look on YouTube, for some videos about "disassembly" of your specific product-number, for instructions on how to remove your keyboard, and then connect the replacement.

5. I show that I paid for the warranty, but it gives me no further information about how to ask for help directly from HP. 

See: https://support.hp.com/ca-en/contact-hp

If you fill-in the form, you should get a reply from HP, and it should contain a telephone-number.

HP Recommended

After calling HP customer service number I was able to get credit for my purchase of the extended warranty and then was able to access HP tech support.  We went through a number of steps online after I had reset the OS on advice of the MS chat technician. Initially, the key functions improved, but have degraded again in the following days. Same issues with 1 and Q (I  had to copy and past Q from above in order to insert it here). I dread having to ship my computer off to somewhere for repairs and lose its use for unknown number of days.    :>(

HP Recommended

Thanks for reply. See results above in the past few days.

HP Recommended

@MrBillnSD1 -- I dread having to ship my computer off to somewhere for repairs and lose its use for unknown number of days.  

You have my sympathy.  I would be very tempted to use free software, such as MACRIUM REFLECT, to make a "full backup" of your entire disk-drive to an external disk-drive, if the HP Service Centre would choose to replace your disk-drive, and not copy any of your personal files from "old" to "new".  Ouch!

HP Recommended

I see that HP shows local service centers that might be authorized to repair the unit. It is acting more and more like a keyboard problem. I have been on tech chat several times, tried different software fixes and it seems to work briefly, then goes sideways with the (one  .. not working here) and the (cue.. not working here). Holding the key down sometimes generates one or two digits, then sometimes a string if you push down hard enough.  It is totally random and erratic in how it presents itself.

HP Recommended

@MrBillnSD1 --  It is acting more and more like a keyboard problem

I agree. 

Can you temporarily connect a USB-interface keyboard to your laptop, and type onto that keyboard?

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.