Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi team,

can you please reply to this ASAP. Waiting for a response since a long time. Why am I not able to lock the function key. This is such a basic feature. It is critical for people who use the F2 option in MS Excel extensively.

Request you to resolve the issue at the earliest!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@QasimT Welcome to HP Community!

To enable FN Lock on the All in One Media Keyboard: 

• Press the FN key, and the Caps Lock key at the same time.
  • To disable FN Lock, press the FN key, and the Caps Lock key at the same time again.

If the above doesn't work, ensure you update the BIOS of your device from the HP website: Click here to find and install the same, if you have it connected to a windows device.

Once done, retry the above steps and, also check if the BIOS options to enable/disable Fn or action keys are visible, if its not available, it means it isn't designed as there are no other options to change that setting.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, Thank you for the response.

However, it is not working. Can you please reply for the specific wireless keyboard. Thanks! 

HP Recommended

@QasimT

If the fn and caps does not work, then that feature is not available in your keyboard.

It is by design.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

There is a workaround that's effective for ANY keyboard. It makes use of a keyboard-modifying app. In this case, an open source project called AutoHotKey.
The following link explains what is needed, for all but F7 and F8. I don't know if F7 and F8 can be "fixed"... the current version of AHK has keyboard monitoring tools that might help you get to that last bit....

I hope this helps!

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Reverting-to-function-keys-on-ke...

HP Recommended

@QasimT wrote:

Hi team,

can you please reply to this ASAP. Waiting for a response since a long time. Why am I not able to lock the function key. This is such a basic feature. It is critical for people who use the F2 option in MS Excel extensively.

Request you to resolve the issue at the earliest! 

autoclicker  wordunscrambler  jumblesolver 

Can you please reply for the specific wireless keyboard. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Keyboard function keys (f1 through f12) often have a printed icon that indicates a secondary action, such as muting sound or adjusting display brightness. The secondary functionality is sometimes called action keys mode or hotkeys. On some keyboards, press the fn key to enable that command. shareit

https://get-vidmateapk.com

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.