Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 600 G1 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I have bought recently an ssd drive - Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVM Express 256gb (model MZ-VKV256) and pcie adapter card for it and installed this stuff in my PC - HP ProDesk 600 G1 SFF.  Windows 10 installed on internal hdd and it sucessfully detected this ssd disk,  but when I tryed to install new windows 10 on new ssd - PC can not boot from it, because bios (latest v2.70)  does not detect it on booting, so is there a plan to add support nvme ssd drive to bios on HP ProDesk 600 G1 SFF?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please post the HP product number for your PC so that the members of the community can better assist you with your questions and issues.

PCs over 1 year old will probably not get get additional BIOS updates to support booting from NVMe devices.

If you didn't format the Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVM Express 256gb (model MZ-VKV256) in GPT and installed W10 in UEFI mode then you could try that and you may get lucky.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Hi, of course I did it, ssd drive has gpt partitions and I installed in boot usb stick refind loader and in such environment it can be used to boot windows 10 from nvme ssd disk, but it is crutch and I still waiting from HP an bios with nvme boot drive support because HP ProDesk 600 G1 mini has got it. This PC's have similar bios firmware and add bios support like mini platform - I think that it is quite easy to implement.

HP Recommended

Hi,

G1 so i doubt it will receive a BIOS update to support NVMe.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Solution: Get yourself an M.2 SSD that is 128GB or less.  Once you install it, BIOS will detect it, but if you are doing a fresh install, there is a good chance you might need to preload the storage driver for it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.