Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Slimline Desktop - 290-p0043w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Slimline Desktop - 290-p0043w . What's the maximum memory I can install that will be used ?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Is this your computer: HP Slimline 290-p0043w Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

The maximum amount, and speed, of RAM is listed on the above web-page.

Given that the computer was released in July 2018, the limit seems quite small, by today's standards.

HP Recommended

That's where I got confused before.  The HP specs say 8 Rams max for 64 bit machines but the Crucial website

tells me I can install 32 Rams (16x2).  I'll have to contact Crucial to see why they say something different . Thanks.

HP Recommended

Or, take your computer to an "owner/operator" computer-store.

Get them to try two 8GB sticks, or two 16GB sticks.

If it works, buy the sticks from them, to "support a local business".

If it does not work, you might  have to pay a small fee ($25 ?) for their expertise.

HP Recommended

I called Crucial and they said it would work as per this article on their website...

Why Does Crucial® Recommend a Higher Maximum Ram Limit for My System Than the System Manufacturer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.