MikeMatt101
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Tools full after BIOS update

HP Recommended
HP 280 GT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just upgraded my BIOS using HP Support Assistant and am now getting messages saying that HP TOOLS is full. Have looked for solution online but the only suggestions are to check that System Protection is not turned on for this drive - on my PC it is already switched off.

There are 3 folders on the drive plus a file called HP_TOOLS on the root (see screengrab). There seems to be some duplication in the folder, for example the files in EFI/HP/BiosUpdate are almost identical to those in As far Hewlett-Packard/BiosUpdate. There is a folder in Hewlett-Packard called "SystemDiags" which has 116 files at 39Mb, none of which are more recent than Feb 2017.

I don't seem to be able to adjust partition sizes to give HP TOOLS more space.

Assistance would be appreciated.Tools.JPG

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation