cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
mkbean
Level 1
10 5 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Touchsmart 610-1150xt power cord Upgrade

HP Recommended
HP TouchSmart 610-1150xt CTO Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi community. I've had this wonderful AIO for about a decade and wanted to know if the actual external power supply could be upgraded from the 150w? Are there other larger ones out there? I don't need links, just the specs would be great. I've upgraded the CPU to a i7 2600k and i'm thinking of adding more power hungry RAM and maybe an upgrade of the mxm video card.

Thanks

Mkbean

2 REPLIES 2
itsmyname
Level 9
5,033 4,948 234 652
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i'm thinking of adding more power hungry RAM

Most RAM uses less than 2 volts, and much less than 0.5 amperes, which would consume well under ONE watt, out of the 150 available watts.

If you replace your old "spinning" disk-drive by a SSD (Solid state Device), you will consume  less wattage, and get much faster input/output for the SSD.

P.S. I replace automobile tires before they are 10 years old. I recommend that you replace your disk-drive, before it "blows" like a bald tire is likely to blow, at the worst-possible time.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
mkbean
Author
Level 1
10 5 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I've replaced the HD for an SSD. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation