cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
4 2 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Z440 bios can't access after installing nvme

HP Recommended
HP Z440 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI, I am a technical support in a collegae. We have bought 4 of Z440 and it works great. However, since we need to do some upgrade to them by adding nvme ssd as OS boot drive. However, once we installed that nvme card to any pcie slots. It can't get into the bios by pressing any combination keys (i.e esc, f10,f9). And it boots into the windows directly which installed in nvme. Once removed the nvme card, it can access BIOS normally. We have tried to access the BIOS via the windows advanced startup menu. However it can't load into the UEFI setup page. And resetting the BIOS also not work and which is running the lastest BIOS version 2.46A.

Attached with the screenshots which can't enter the BIOS and the nvme card.left corner shown that the system accepted to enter startup menu, however the windows are loading and can't access to startup menu.left corner shown that the system accepted to enter startup menu, however the windows are loading and can't access to startup menu.installed the NVMe at slot 4(PCIE x8)installed the NVMe at slot 4(PCIE x8)Also  I can't access the BIOS in Windows bootloaderAlso I can't access the BIOS in Windows bootloader

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nobody have similar problem on HP machine? That is very misleading for HP describing HP Z440,640 and 840 fully support native NVMe. OR only support that overpriced  legacy supreme HP turbo drive G2?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation