Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Cpu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Im trying to upgrade My Processor and video card on my HP 6005 pro small factor..can anyone help me with compatibility?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I already gave you the link to the video card I recommend you buy on eBay, as well as the link for multiple ones.

AMD Phenom II Quad-Core Processors with HyperTransport Technology:

This would be the best processor you could upgrade to...AMD Phenom II X4 B95

Here's the eBay listings for that model processor.

amd phenom ii x4 b95 in Computer Components and Parts | eBay

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the 6005 Pro quickspecs, which show the supported processors and supported graphics cards offered in the model series.

HP Compaq 6005 Pro Business PC (highspeedbackbone.net)

A newer graphics card that would work in your notebook though not listed, is the AMD Radeon HD 6450 low profile card.

You can find plenty of them in used but tested and working condition on eBay.

hd 6450 in Computer Components and Parts | eBay

Get one of the Dell 1 GB 6450 low profile cards with the low profile mounting bracket.

This is the cheapest one listed...

Dell 00WH7F, 0WH7F, AMD Radeon HD 6450,1GB PCI-E, DVI DP Low Profile Video Card | eBay

HP Recommended

Awsome..can I get your recommendation on the Processor and video card u should buy and here to get it?

HP Recommended

Quote: I should buy..

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I already gave you the link to the video card I recommend you buy on eBay, as well as the link for multiple ones.

AMD Phenom II Quad-Core Processors with HyperTransport Technology:

This would be the best processor you could upgrade to...AMD Phenom II X4 B95

Here's the eBay listings for that model processor.

amd phenom ii x4 b95 in Computer Components and Parts | eBay

HP Recommended

you might want to consider replacing the AMD 6005 board with the later Intel 6300 pro/Elite 8300 motherboards as they have the exact same rear I/O ports and come with USB 3.0 and SATA 6GBps ports and use faster Intel cpu's

boards are around 15/25 dollars and cpu's are the same on ebay

note that the power supply is the same for all models 6005/6003/8300

ram is also the same type between models

HP Recommended

So it would be better and easier just to get the newer motherboard?..

HP Recommended

that's not my decision to make,.... (it's yours) all i can do is point out the benefits as i see them and mention the cost

you will have to decide yourself if it's worthwhile for you to do so

the only real difference between the 6300/8300 is the 8300 has 2  SATA 6GBps ports instead of the 6300's one

all other sata ports on both boards are SATA 3GBps  the cpu's for both boards are mostly the same in raw power

the 6005 has no usb 3, and no SATA 6GBps (all ports are sata 3GBps) and the amd quad core cpu's are noticeably slower than the intel ones on the 6300/8300

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.