Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 8200 elite minitower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a HP 8200 elite minitower with Intel i7-2600 cpu and I changed the cpu to Intel Pentium G850 2.9GHz dual core and when I start the pc i get a black screen and have two option  but only one works.

The one to press "F1 and boot", after I press F1 it displays a blue screen and it indicates that a CPU change was detected and asks me to pres Y to start the change process or N to turn off pc and replace the original cpu.

My question is why doesn't the pc react when I press Y it doesn't do anything. My only option is to turn off the pc.

I checked that this cpu is supported.

Any solutions?

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to go into the BIOS and disable hyperthreading.

With the i7-2600 processor, hyperthreading is supported which is why you see the processor listed 8 times under the processor device manager category in Windows.

The Pentium G850 does not support hyperthreading, so perhaps that enabled hyperthreading BIOS setting is fouling things up.

Intel® Pentium® Processor G850 (3M Cache, 2.90 GHz) Product Specifications

Under the Advanced Technology specs for the processor in the above link you can see that Hyperthreading is not supported.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply  the problem is I can't acces bios I when I start the pc I can only press F1 it doesn't accept any other button I tryed befrore the first screen and after.

I can only press F1 and it leeds me to blue screen to start cpu upgrade process to press Y.

After that it doesn't do anything no meter what button I press.

HP Recommended

20210218_123429.jpg

20210218_123445.jpg

HP Recommended

I recommend that you reinstall the i7 so you can get into the BIOS.

Then you should be able to disable hyperthreading.

The i7 can work with hyperthreading enabled or disabled.

Then see if your Pentium processor will work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.