Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion TP01
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What are the
HP motherboard 843b
SATA HDD specs?
What kind of HDD can I connect?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@mitja2 , welcome to the Community.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

It's serial number:

[personal info removed]

HP support assistant is not working. It gives nothing in return.

The computer is 
HP Pavilion 590
Intel Core i7-8700 / 3.2 GHz / Hexa-Core / Turbo Boost 4.6 GHz
1 TB (1000 GB) / 7200 / SATA + 128 GB SSD, 8 GB DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (2 GB)

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @mitja2!

Please edit your post to remove the Serial Number.  It is not good to list it on the Community.  I need the Product Number.  As stated in my previous post, you will find it at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

HP Recommended

The HP support assistant doesn't recognize the product, that's why I don't have the product number.
The motherboard is this here:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-590-p0000-desktop-pcseries/19390500/model/21858483/...

but the specs for SATA HDD ports are missing.

HP Recommended

@mitja2

Without the Product Number I would only be guessing at the version of the SATA ports.  The model number (TP01) that you have in your original post does not match the motherboard series that you listed.  The TP01 series has either a Rother or an Erica motherboard.  The one that you posted is a Lincs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.