Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
8CG94168Y4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. 

I have an HP Omen Obelisk 875-0068na.

Which is for strange reasons underperforming in Heavy CPU based games as CSGO. 

In small areas I have around 350-400 fps. In larger, more heavily crowded areas it drops to 120-190 fps.

Same in games in squad, getting really high fps in some areas while other areas can feel really laggy. 

Ive checked all the temps for CPU, GPU and so on and they seem fine. 

But the fps spikes comes when the processor jumps from 50c to 74c really quick.

My old computer was performing better then this one in many occassions. 

Old computer was:

Z270-p Asus prime mb

I7-7700k

Gtx 1080 from KFA/Galax

16gb ddr4 ram 3200mhz

600w EVGA psu

I do also use 2 screens, which one is a AOC 32" 144Hz and the other one a 27" BenQ xl2720z. 

I never had that kind of FPS drops on my old computer... Whats wrong here? 

A better computer which is underperforming compared to my old more bad computer. 

I also did a 3dmark test on this computer, worked pretty fine until the last test where the CPU went up to 93c. 

Ive been thinking of either buying a new CPU cooler since the one it came with is pretty **bleep**ty, but im afraid that i will brake the Warranty since some smarthead glued the backplate to the motherboard. 

What can I do? 

I mean, it sucks to not get a satisfying experience when playing the games I like. 

Computer Specs:

I7-9700f

Z390 mobo which is totally bios locked(Dunno the name) 

RTX 2070 super

16gb ddr4 hyperx predator 3200 MHz, running on the slow ass click of 2400mhz?!?!?!!?!!

750w platinum psu

512gb M.2 SSD

Legal copy of Windows 10 Professional

Other good to know stuff:

Graphic settings set to Performance

The fps drops is the same when playing in 1440p, 1080p,720p at a refresh rate of 144hz. The same with everything on lowest and everything on highest. 

Doesnt matter if I use multicore rendering or not. 

Vsync on/off doesnt matter. 

Is there any way I can get someone to look at this? 

I have all the newest drivers for motherboard, gpu, Windows updates and so on. 

Is there any possibilites to RMA this PC? 

I have 21 months of Warranty on it, still.

Im pretty satisfied with the Computer, except for these things and that there is no chance of any sort of overclocking even that there is a z390 chipset. 

Best regards / Michael 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Worldwideweb1

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for replying.

Would appreciate if you read my post again.

All those "solutions" you are writing, are allready done.

Everything is up to date.

HP Recommended

@Worldwideweb1

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.