Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
500-526NC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi.
Iam doing my first GPU update.
I would like to ask you. If I can upgrade my old GPU AMD R7 to a new "MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4G OC"
I don't know if power supply can handle this GPU...
So I wanted to ask you if you can help me or what do you think about it..
If I cant have this card please could you find me a new with same or better power?
Also if I can't have this power supply can you find me One... which will handle this gpu?? But Please in low price.
Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Michael117

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know whether GTX 1050 graphics card is supported by your computer.

I’d love to help!

I checked the specification of the graphics card and see that it requires Max Power 75 Watts and I see that you have 180 Watts power supply. Based on the graphics card system requirements it is supported on your computer. However, the CPU will marginally bottleneck the GTX 1050 performance.

NOTE: HP doesn’t recommend upgrade or downgrade of any hardware components on your computer. You could upgrade and make changes at your own discretion.

Hope that answers your question and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @Michael117

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know whether GTX 1050 graphics card is supported by your computer.

I’d love to help!

I checked the specification of the graphics card and see that it requires Max Power 75 Watts and I see that you have 180 Watts power supply. Based on the graphics card system requirements it is supported on your computer. However, the CPU will marginally bottleneck the GTX 1050 performance.

NOTE: HP doesn’t recommend upgrade or downgrade of any hardware components on your computer. You could upgrade and make changes at your own discretion.

Hope that answers your question and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Michael

Your power supply (PS) is inadequate. You need at least a 300 watt PS. You have an external power supply.

You cannot upgrade the power supply or the graphics card.

Grzy

HP Recommended
Oh. So I can't even buy a new power supply to my Pc? How is that possible? I found some of them with same size. Also why not the graphics card? The Frossette said that it's possible. I really don't understand right now. Please help me.
Thank you
Amazing response!
HP Recommended
The Frossette.
Can I ask you again?
I sad to take you so many of your time.
I would like to ask you if is it possible to upgrade CPU to ryzen7 and if I can change the power supply.
Iam not sure and this is my very first time of upgrading something..
Thank you
HP Recommended

Hi Michael,

The 500-526nc specifications, if this is your PC, have an external 180 watt power supply.

You have a Desktop similar to a Laptop.

There is not much you can do inside the tower. You have a PCIe 3.0 slot but are limited  because of the external 180 power supply.

Remove the side panel to verify there is no internal power supply. 

Do you have a laptop brick and laptop power supply connection to the back of your PC?

I am refering to the specs for your PC based on the product number. I could be mistaken.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Hi Michael,

You cannot change to AMD processor without changing the motherboard.

The case you have, if the product number you have supplied is correct, cannot be used for any other configuration.

Grzy

HP Recommended
Yes this is my Pc.
You are right with the number.
I asked onthe product site before... and one guy said that he has HP pavillion 500-420nc And everything is running good. He has the graphics for 4 months and it's working. The specs of his Pc are almost same as 500-526nc.. I do think know. It has something inside. Looks like normal power supply. Iam really Noob in this things.
Thank you Grzwacz. You are really helping me too much!
HP Recommended

Hi Michael,

Your're welcome.

I am uncertain as to what you have.

Do you have an external or internal power supply?

You can replace the internal power supply with a better model which will support newer graphics cards. An external power supply at 180 watts is a dead end.

Grzy

HP Recommended
So I found some new info.
Yes it's external power supply....
Is it possible to change it? Remove it. Buy new one and add more powerful?
And can I ask you what do you think about that guy who installed this graphics on Hp pavillion 500-420nc?
He also showed me via Skype that it's working fine. Is it possible?
Thank you again
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.