Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 6530HP w2207h

With all the streaming services today, I'm watching a lot of it on my computer monitor.  My 22-inch wide screen

is too dark.  If the scene in a movie or TV show is at night, in a alley, or the scene lights are low, I can't see anything. 

I've changed the Brightness and the Contrast.  Doesn't really help.  Tried the Auto/Select button on the front

of the monitor.  No bueno.

Now to add a big mystery to this:  I turn my computer on at 7AM and leave it on until around 10PM. 

At 9PM,  the display turns an orange hue.  Go to bed, next morning all is well again. 

Turned the computer off for four hours a couple days thinking it was from being o all the time

but nope.  9PM, orange hue.

So go at it, community.  What is the diagnosis?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Could be a number reasons. Youre experiencing two different issues.

• A tint on the monitor in the evenings
  • too much contrast in dark scenes.

Address them individualy.

Do you have any lights on ? any software fro ambience control? etc.

Also it could just be your eyes if youre watching in complete darkness.

Have some lights so you can see dimly around the monitor.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/2773862

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.