Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I want to use the original wireless keyboard and mouse on another PC.

Seems the receiver is built-in to the all-in-one case, not external.

How can I use the original keyboard and mouse on another PC?

Do I need to retrieve the receiver inside the case?

Is the receiver paired to my keyboard and mouse only?  Or could I use my keyboard and mouse on someone else's similar model HP PC?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@dvader1138 

1. I want to use the original wireless keyboard and mouse on another PC. Seems the receiver is built-in to the all-in-one case, not external.

It could be a small "thumbnail" device, connected to the motherboard, or it could be extra circuitry as part of the motherboard. If the former, it MIGHT be possible to disconnect it, to see if it has a USB-tab on one end.

2. How can I use the original keyboard and mouse on another PC? Do I need to retrieve the receiver inside the case?

Maybe. If both computers are HP computers, and if there is a removable "stub" on the first motherboard, and if that stub has a USB-tab at one end, it is possible to connect that hardware to a USB port on the second computer, and then to use your wireless KB/mouse.

3. Is the receiver paired to my keyboard and mouse only? 

Or could I use my keyboard and mouse on someone else's similar model HP PC?

Again, if the receiver is plugged-in to the first computer's motherboard, and if has a USB-tab, it might be removable, and transferable to a USB-port on the second computer, and possible to "pair" the KB/mouse with the receiver. It is possible that the second HP computer will use the correct device-driver for that "stub".

You will just have to try it -- by looking closely at the first motherboard, to see if that "stub" exists, and if it is removable.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.