Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Curved 34-b017c All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My hard drive appears to be missing. Help!  This isn't the Internal SSD PCIe NVMe that has gone missing. The drive that is missing is the 2TB SATA 5400RPM 2.5" drive. It appears to have gone missing after a Window 10 update.  A lot of the internet searches say all you need to do is go to Disk Management to find the drive. Duh! I have searched for the drive in Disk Management and it is definitely not there. They also say online to update disk drivers. There are no disk drivers to update if the machine can't see there's a drive there. But I tried to update the drivers anyway and there are no updates available. I updated the BIOS twice using the HP Support Assistant and everything seemed to go well with the update. The only problem is that the BIOS update still seems to be there in the HP Support Assistant for me to update yet again. Thanks HP. I figure the next step is for me to get a new drive, pull out the old one and hope that I can extract the data from the old one but thought I would ask here first. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@sandmansf,

I reviewed your post and I understand that the hard drive is not getting detected after a BIOS update.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Is the 2TB hard drive shipped with the computer?

Is the hard drive getting detected in BIOS?

Meanwhile, install all the Windows updates (Including optional) and check if it helps.

Here is how it is done.

1. Select the Start (Windows) button from the bottom-left corner.
  2. Go to settings (gear icon).
  3. Select the Update and Security icon.
  4. Choose Windows Update tab in the sidebar (Circular arrows)
  5. Select Check for updates. If there is an available update, it will begin downloading automatically.

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.