Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (173 Views)

Hard Drive Short DST Check: Failed

Product Name: P7-1534
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello: I had trouble with a HP P7-1534 I took it back to Best Buy in early 2015 to see if they could fix it. They said the hard drive crashed and it would be cheaper to buy a new one. So I bought a new HP PC. Now with some free time on my hand I want to see if I can get the old computer up and running.

Just ran my first System Quick Test from F2 Windows 8 won’t start.

Processor Check: Passed

Memory Quick Check: Passed

Hard Drive Smart Check: Passed

Hard Drive Short DST Check: Failed

Failure ID: 60FT1W-00084g-WPTWWJ-605G03

Product ID: H2N63AA#ABA

I Also cannot find a COA Label on my Tower.

Thanks Paul

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (160 Views)

Re: Hard Drive Short DST Check: Failed

PWood9494, welcome to the forum.

First, the next time that you have a problem with your HP computer come here before letting the Geek Squad talk you into a new computer.  Your old one is only 3 years old.  It can be fixed for the price of a new hard drive.  With that said, you should be enjoying considerable system performance increase with a new computer.

Now, for the hard drive.  You should buy a hard drive the same size or larger than the one being replaced.  This will assure that the Recovery media will work.  If you use the Reocovery media, you won't require any other information.  Here is a guide to help you with replacing the HDD.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

HP Omen X; i7-6700K; 16 GB DDR4 2133; GTX 1070; 256 GB SSD M.2; Win 10 Home

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!