cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
DavidF4
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Hard drive upgrade

HP Recommended
HP Envy TE1006na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I am not very knowledgeable on PC hardware so please excuse me if this is a simple question. I really wanted the view of an expert before I make any additional purchase as described.

I have just purchased an HP Envy TE01-1006na and I am looking to increase my storage capacity. I am thinking of either replacing the existing 2TB Seagate drive or adding a 2nd drive. The drive I am thinking of purchasing is the Western Digital Gold 18TB SATA drive.

Is this drive compatible and also will I need any extra cabling. If so exactly what should I order?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Dave

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,852 24,531 3,148 7,861
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DavidF4 

You have an All-in-One and those are basically huge laptops with external keyboard and mouse -- and like laptops, they are very difficult to upgrade.  You have to remove the back, which voids the warranty, to get at the internals.

If you wanted something expandable, you should have bought a tower model -- where all you would have to do is remove the side panel.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
DavidF4
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

The picture of this machine shows it as a Tower, and the side is removable. There seems to be an extra drive bay as well. But my question is really about compatibility. Thanks a lot

Dave

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation