Did you mean: 
Yoda6
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Harddrive failure not booting up

HP Recommended
Hp 23-g010

Hello my name is George John and my HP23-g010 hardware isn't booting up. Says long DST:Failure but smart check:Passed my serial#:[Personal Information Removed] and my product#:F3D37AA#ABA please advise.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,008 24,659 2,879 10,660
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Yoda6 , welcome to the forum.

The Drive short-test (DST) is a app that tests the physical integrity of the hard drive when it boots.  You won't know it is running until there is problem.  Then, you will get the error message DST short test failed with a specific error code, like the most frequent ones, 0141, 0142, 0146, etc.  I would trust this over what SMART is telling you.  The DST app is designed by HP for their systems.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation