Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hewlett packard
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So i have a hewlett packard motherboard and want a cpu upgrade currently i have i7 860, i searched onlline couldnt find anything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

One of the first things is to identify the motherboard to see what capabilities it has.

If you can either give it a name or post a picture of the tag that identities the board.  If it is a HP PC, then the complete model number needs to be posted as well.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

that is a very old CPU and PC.

NO PC told at all

but doing this will not make PC work better.

what is the problem now, name one thing that is slow, My guess you want faster.

the CHIP set H55/57 and DELL and the BIOS and mobo wiring, dictates what CPU can be used. (and not told)

what is told is what was offered new for this PC< and is in print at hp.com.

also a BIOS upgrade may be needed to gain newer CPU in its one class. Lynnfield

880 is tops, (intel.com)  by one and try it? but  are rare now,  super old intel GENeration #1 CPU.

no PC told or id have shown the top bench mark web site showing vast others doing same to their PC.

there is only 2 faster CPU here, period. and I bet will make your PC better.   Gen1 only PC it is.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

One of the first things is to identify the motherboard to see what capabilities it has.

If you can either give it a name or post a picture of the tag that identities the board.  If it is a HP PC, then the complete model number needs to be posted as well.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I have a gtx 1050 ti 4 gb hewlett packard 8 gb ram i7 860

HP Recommended

Are you ignoring my post?

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

No, i said my motherboard is rewlett packard. And tell me how to wiew the full specs of my motherboard

HP Recommended

If you can either give it a name or post a picture of the tag that identities the board. If it is a HP PC, then the complete model number needs to be posted as well.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.