Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 40L Gaming Desktop PC GT21-0000a (3G5Y9AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have reverted to WIN11 and put my query under a BIOS issue. please delete this thread, thank you.

+++ Please close this thread +++

1For most of the time I have had this machine, since April 2022, I have had issues with heavy CPU loads causing reboots with no error messages. The OMEN 40L has quite a high temperature as basic, mine is 50°C even at an ambient of 20°C. All fans are working, Omen Desktop seems fine and the fans ramp up as expected. The only change I have made is that the system updated the BIOS from F11 to F12.  

I have had two calls with support, both of which involved numerous testing and system changes but ultimately, both CSR's told me they would phone me back and never did.

If I had hair, I would be tearing it out. I have even reverted back to Win 10 as to some, Win 11 is still incompatible with various systems such as Valve Index VR. 

I can get back to Win 11 at any time, so this will not cause any issues. How do i get CSR to engage and complete the problemfinding and solution, I am get extremely frustrated. 

Regards

Adam

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

hi

It's hard to tell you how to do it.
It may depend on who will answer you anyway
From what I understand, there is not much to do, if it turns off for overheating when it is new!
Depending on the date of purchase, the country, it may be easier to settle this with the reseller directly, if not HP
Otherwise, you have to insist, politely, everything has been tested, done, but the computer does not work!
Be precise, and above all as kind as possible, for me apart from myself I imagine myself in the place of the person, in certain situations, we don't really want to help, you understand !

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. I have tried taking the bios back to F11 using all possible methods, but have had no luck as i constantly get the message that the bios sig file cannot be read, even when it is in the correct locations on USB sticks and / or hard drives. 

UEFI and TPM are probably the root of this bios issue.

The problem here is that no one at HP seems able to solve the problem, even after 3 hours on the phone.

Appreciate your comments, thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.