cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Smittyswebworks
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

How Many SSDs in the HP Te01-1022 Envoy Desktop

HP Recommended
Envoy Desktop te01-1022
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm seeing conflicting info on the net regards this computer.  Some documentation says it has an additional 2.5 drive bay, yet it also indicates that the power supply does not have and extra power feed for the bay.  Also docs say it has two M.2 slots.  Can both be used for SSDs?  Just trying to figure out the upgrade path for the computer.

Thanks,

Warren

2 REPLIES 2
savvy2
Level 7
1,432 1,058 40 105
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

m.2 or 2.5" real SATA drive, SSD?   sure the m.2 is limited, sure. and in the manual this coverage

• One M.2 socket 1, Key A Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, cellular cards/3/4/5g etc
  • One M.2 socket 3, Key M, (2280/2242) SSD.  boots.

sure its conflicting after all there are 2+ answers, but the most is slot M, some m2. ssd may not work there, NVME.

2.5" DRIVES SSD: answer long.

what matters is what is there now or opted new CTO or what was uipgraded.

GPU cards, PSU options, and any slots empty  or not.

now many can fit inside?,  ( I have PCs with many SSD clamped on to vast places inside a PC, there is no motor and vibration from SDD so vast solutions works even tie wrapped and DVD bay converters and well endless, really.(physically)

and now many sata and 15 pin power plugs you have. (you have 2 slots so no GPU means 2 SATA Cards fit for expansion.

I even have  Z600 HP with SATA6 card that runs SSD 2.5" at full 500MB/s rates.  yah.

on a real desktop I can have 20 SATA ports, 8 in the x1 slots. and one more. (real mobo , real cases) not AIO or mini cases.

I can put PSU in there that has vast SATA power cables, my desktops are real and can use any PSU.

i could not find full spec on your PC nor manual nor PSU full spec, at all. cables used and how.

i guess too new.

NO warranty answers by me.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
7,750 7,649 815 2,870
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
if it is your computer

TE01-1022 Product Specifications

512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD

1 TB 7200 rpm SATA HDD

it is equipped with an m2 type SSD and a classic SATA disk, is that right?

If you want to connect another SSD, in fact, you may have problems with connectors, not available, and specific model, you must check, because no documentation is available on this subject here
For locations, it is no longer specified as before, the docs, are general, so it may be different with your computer

Upgrading and Servicing Guide
Otherwise, you have to sacrifice the Sata Disc
Now, for the user, a second SSD is not a huge gain, the HDD is used to store data, no need to be super fast, the ssd is suitable for installing windows and programs.
unless you have a particular use?

Motherboard Specifications

we don't even know the number of SATA slots here!

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem >

was this reply helpful , or just say "thank you " ? Click on the yes button 
Warning
If you have to do certain manipulations, it is at your own risk, think carefully before acting!
If you don't think you can, get help, or go to a professional

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
happy New Year
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation