Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
S01-pF0900nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

If i want to start the camera on my monitor (E27d G4), while the monitor is connected to my desktop, i get  the message

' camera not found 0x00F4244' on my screen. In the device-manager no camera-drivers are shown.

When i connect my laptop to the monitor, the camera is found (it does work).

How can my camera be found by my desktop (via HDMI-cable) ? Acces to camera in Windows is allowed.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Frank5001

I reviewed your post and I understand that the webcam is not working on the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03430152

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

many monitors do not have a built in web camera and must use a external camera device such as the logitech c920/c930 models however your HP E27D G4 model docking display does have a built in "IR" web camera 

i'm betting that the display also came with/uses a usb "C" cable that needs to be connected from the monitor to the attached computer (if not using the laptop dock)  for the web camera to work

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-e27d-g4-qhd-advanced-docking-monitor/27940245/troubleshootin...

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.

Indeed the display uses a USB-'c'-cable that needs to be connected from the monitor to the attached computer for the web camera to work. My SO1-PF0900nd-computer has only USB-A ports.

Should i use some kind of adapter(cable) ? 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.

I clicked on the link. The parts 'cannot find the webcam' and 'webcam is not listed in the device manager'  give solutions for an external webcam, while mine is an 'internal' webcam.

The microsoft 'fix-it' solution doesn't help (start/settings/update & security/problem-solving). With window-store-apps no problems were found.

I wonder if my camera only works with the USB-c cable provided, and if so, if i need an adapter to connect the c-cable to the USB-A port on my SO1-pF0900nd-computer (it has only USB-A ports). 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.