Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 34 Curved All in One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have upgraded my all in one with more memory and an SSD drive as its 5 years old and getting a bit slow. I followed the instructions to the letter and put everything back as it was. The memory and disk upgrade work fine but the screen seems to be broken and has lines and a dark area where you cannot see anything, but you can still see icons on the screen. I was very careful taking the screen out and made sure that nothing pulled on the cables. I took it to a PC clinic who just turned it on and said the screen needed to be replaced, but I cannot see any damage to the screen and just wondering if the cable connecting the screen to the motherboard is damaged (as its very fine) rather than the screen as I had to disconnect most things from the motherboard to access the memory slots. I now do not know what to do for the best, buy a new device or have this one repaired as I have paid for the memory and disk. Any suggestions would be really appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JB6402

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Repair should work. If you are setting up the repair, you will have to remove the upgraded parts and send it to repair else they will remove it and send it back with original configurations.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Betty0610

Thanks for your message, unfortunately, I have been unable to arrange for a repair as I cant seem to find it on the website. Could you point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.