Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
860-090na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Support Assistant has been reporting errors on my internal data disk. WD diagnostic run has reported unrepairable bad sectors.I am presuming it is time to replace the drive. How do I remove the disk from the Unit. I am presuming that replacement is a reversal of the removal proves. I have been lucky and just been able to copy my data onto an external USB drive, so no worries about data loss.

Thanks

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

This site (Link) has various service procedures. You need Flash to watch the videos.

Look in Desktops, Envy Desktops, Phoenix 860-000 series desktops.

Click on Service Procedures.

Select Hard Drive.

You need Flash to watch the HDD service procedure.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

This site (Link) has various service procedures. You need Flash to watch the videos.

Look in Desktops, Envy Desktops, Phoenix 860-000 series desktops.

Click on Service Procedures.

Select Hard Drive.

You need Flash to watch the HDD service procedure.

Regards

HP Recommended

Many thanks. All sorted now. Steve

HP Recommended

Hi Steve,

You're very welcome.

Good to hear.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.