Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 690-0022na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I have been using my HP Pavilion 690-0022na PC for almost 2 years, and the GPU is already starting to show its age. I really want to upgrade it. However, I know that my Lincs motherboard has proprietary connectors, and that my only option is to buy the 500 W PSU with model L05757-800. However, I have been searching everywhere for that part and I can not find it for sale anywhere in the UK! I have to order it from Europe where with the shipping, I might as well just buy a new case, PSU and motherboard. I really want to put an RTX 2060 but it's impossible with the current 310 W PSU.

Does anyone know where I can find the aforementioned 500 W PSU in the UK? Is there an official HP store in the UK where I can find the part or have someone replace it for me (once the lockdown is over)? I don't want to build a new rig because everything apart from the PSU and GPU is working flawlessly. But if I absolutely have to, I'll just build my own PC from scratch and sell my current one. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@HellKnight,

How about the following:

https://mindmachine.co.uk/product/l05757-800-hp-psu-500w-ent17-fr-gld/?v=86d8d92aba9e

https://www.athema.co.uk/hp-psu-500w-ent17-fr-gld-l05757-800-eet01-p-1819822.html

http://www.mercateo.co.uk/p/2113-L05757(2d)800/Psu_500W_Ent17_Fr_Gld_Power.html?ViewName=live_gb&swi...

took 3 minutes.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

@Wb2001

One of the sites says that they have no information whether the PSU is in stock though, The other says it's out of stock, and the third is saying that it needs to be backordered, which will take an extra 2-3 weeks to the 5 day delivery time...

Thanks anyways though. I guess I learned my lesson to never buy  an HP prebuilt ever again. 

HP Recommended

@HellKnight

It is never HP's fault about your selection of price.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

@Wb2001 

No but it IS their fault for selling computers without warning the buyer that they can't be upgraded. Because HP are greedy, and want you to either buy a new PC from them or order their overpriced proprietary parts if you want something better. So nice that they have shills like you who will defend them 🙂 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.