cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

How much ram can I put into the HP 25L GT12-0068na?

HP Recommended
HP 25L GT12-0068na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I upgrade to at least 16GB of ram?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
122,894 113,075 18,191 27,764
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

I can't find any specs from HP on your model but there are a couple of similar ones out there.

If yours has the same Dorado motherboard as this one, then it can take up to 64 GB of memory...

https://support.hp.com/ee-en/document/c06692693

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you. Does it require a single 16GB card to upgrade to 16GB or could I do 8x8?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

*8x2

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
122,894 113,075 18,191 27,764
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you only want to upgrade to 16 GB, add another 8 GB memory card to the existing one so the memory runs in the higher performing dual channel mode.

There is no motherboard diagram in the illustrations, so you'll have to figure out what slot to install the 8 GB memory chip in so that it runs in dual channel mode.

If the slots are color coded, put the memory in the same colored slot as the existing one.

If the slots are not color coded, leave the slot closest to the existing memory module empty and put the 8 GB chip in the third slot.

In other words...8 + 0 + 8 + 0.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation