cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Nikhil_0707
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

How to connect Laptop (as 2nd extendable screen) from HP All in one

HP Recommended
HP All-in-one 27-DP1120D PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello, I have just bought HP All-in-one 27-DP1120D PC. I am trying to connect my Lenovo laptop (as 2nd extendable screen) from my PC. I tried multiple ways to connect as follows - 

1) HDMI cable (no response on laptop or PC)

2) Windows 10 wireless display using Connect app on Lenovo laptop (have some time-lag + it keeps on disconnecting every 10 mins)

Can you please suggest me any other ways to seemlessly connect both. Please do let me know if I should provide any further info. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
itsmyname
Level 9
5,032 4,948 230 644
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The laptop probably has "HDMI-output", but not "HDMI-input". So, connecting HDMI-out from the All-In-One to the HDMI-output on the laptop will not work.

It seems simple to purchase a second monitor, and connect HTMI-output from the All-In-One to HDMI-input on that new monitor. This will eliminate the "lag" that you have been experiencing.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation