Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have keyboard HP Pavilion 600 Wireless, and by default is the Fn key. So If I need to press F1, I need to hold Fn to press F1, if I don't press the Fn key it will just mute my sounds.

So please, tell me, how to invert so that the F1,F2,F3 keys to become my default keys. Any solution please?

My motherboard is AsRock, so my bios is Asrock's

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@moneff -- is there a key labelled "FN LOCK" ("function lock") on the keyboard? Pressing that key, once, will "invert" the action of those F-keys.  Does the key-cap at the very top-right of the keyboard have a "padlock" icon? If so, press that key, once, to see if that "inverts" the F-keys.

HP Recommended

1AA595E2-769B-4F83-970F-72A681B02667.jpg

@Itsmyname -- I'm attaching a photo of the keyboard

HP Recommended

@moneff -- the image certainly shows a key-cap at top-right with a "padlock" icon.

So, if you press that key, and then press the F1 key, what happens? F2? F3?

If you again press that key, and then press the F1 key, what appens? F2? F3?

What about the same, but using the key-cap above the "7" on the keypad? 

HP Recommended

If I press the top right key directly it will lock my windows, so I would need to log in with my account nad password. 

The only thing to press F1,F2,F3 is to hold the Fn key, which is really annoying.

HP Recommended

@moneff -- your keyboard has a few keys in the top-right corner:

Capture.JPG

Since that "lock" key is not the correct key, try each of those 3 keys (to the right of the "clear") and the one key to the left of the "slash", to see if any of them accomplish the "function lock" for the 12 F-keys.

HP Recommended

No, none of these keys lock the Fn button. 😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.