Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HPE-570t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I'm under the impression, to get the front cover off, you need to remove the "back" or "rear" panel first(.i.e. not the one you can remove with a Torx  15 Screwdriver...The other panel.) That way, once removed, you can loosen the3 tabs on each side of the front panel, to remove it.

To have a look at the rear of my computer, although it's not my computer, it looks exactly the same.

He shows the rear of the case, around 50 sec. into the video...Are those some type of screws?

YouTube Video

Thanks in advance,

Chef_D

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Chef_D

Thank you for replying. 🙂 

I reviewed the video and I believe you are talking about the screws from the below images:

These are riveted and cannot be removed. These are holding together two plates of metal, its headless end being pressed down when in place.

Hope this answers your questions. If you have any questions then let me know. Thanks again! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Chef_D

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion Elite HPE-570t Desktop PC and would like to know the correct procudure for removeing the front panel off from the tower. 

I suggest you to go through the service guide of this PC. There are steps with images for better understanding. Refer to steps from page no. 4 onwards. As per this service guide, you do not have to remove the rar panel off inorder to remove the front panel. 

Hope this information helps. Keep me posted for any questions. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

I apologize for the late reply,.

I was able to remove the front cover; if you click the link I provided,  (in my first post,) around the :47 second mark he begins to turn the computer around, and you can see the rear panel.

My question is, what type of screws are these that are found of the back cover? Focus on the right hand sice of the back panel...

Thanks in advance,

Chef_D

HP Recommended

@Chef_D

Thank you for replying. 🙂 

I reviewed the video and I believe you are talking about the screws from the below images:

These are riveted and cannot be removed. These are holding together two plates of metal, its headless end being pressed down when in place.

Hope this answers your questions. If you have any questions then let me know. Thanks again! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.