Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
10,442 10,399 2,046 4,018
Message 11 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're welcome.

Glad it is up and running again. Yes, I try to only use PCs with SSDs in them, once you use one for a while it is difficult to go back to a PC that does not have the same kind of speed and reactiveness.

It can be pain opening the AIOs. Especially dislike when the whole front and screen (usually very expensive part ) needs to be removed.

Let us know if you need any further help.

All the best,

David

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 6 0 1
Message 12 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Actually, my model isn't too bad to disassemble once you know how (thanks to the videos!).  There is an easy access door for the hard drive.   Even if you have to take off the cover, it just pops off.  You don't even have to take off the stand.

I have seen videos on the older models and they look like torture to work on.

Since you offered about needing any additional help, I do have a question about my screen occasionally blacking out for a second.  Since it is a new topic, I created a new thread.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 13 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

David, Your links no longer works, can you double check?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 14 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No worries, I found the video link and able to open the cover and remove the mSATA BAD drive from the motherboard.  Now it's booting fine with Win10.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation