Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello Sanketshirodkar,

You are stating that from the left side or your computer to the touchpad gets hot, is that correct? I will be happy to help you.

Now you mentioned while playing a movie this occurs, if you are not playing a movie and just using the computer for a period of time, does  it get hot then as well?

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

Late answer but I finally figured out how to "test" if the cooling would "speed-up".

After months of extensive and dedicated research, I found that the EC registry values could be edited with the RWEverything tool , which is risky if you don't know what you're doing. Then, I found that someone implemented an interface to control your laptop/notebook fanspeed with pre-loaded settings which can be edited safely: NoteBook FanControl . You gotta find your model and load the settings: supported models  

If your model isn't listed give a try to other models's settings, I have an HP Pavilion DV7 and the settings for the HP Compaq Turion worked for me.

In short, my fan suddenly stopped spinning faster, I did all sort of things from cleaning, tweaking, rolling back BIOS to fan replacement but nothing worked, and when I ran NoteBook FanControl and my fan started to spin faster then I realizaed that it must be a BIOS update that generated this issue in my case.

I just got tired of the HP grunts and their genneric answer, asking if you asked what you've just asked: "I understand you have a problem, is that correct? I'm here to help", which it really means "I WANT KUDOSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!"

Never HP again, ever.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.