Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY Desktop TE01-1006na

I don't know how to open and close the cd/DVD optical drive on my machine. The manual doesn't mention it..

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

hi

TE01-1006na Product Specifications

There are several possibilities in general
If you don't have a button on the tower, you probably need to lightly press down on the drive compartment, (much like with a laptop)
you can also from the windows explorer click  (right click) on the player
you must have an eject option
In French here, but not to complicate:

Capture d’écran 2020-09-19 185329.png

to close it must certainly be manual
you have to push the player back slightly until the clip if it does not close automatically after a few moments

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Merci beaucoup pour votre response mais ........ the cd/dvd drive does not appear within Windows File explorer, and when I manually input a disk no pop-up box appears. If this is due to a problem within the BIOS I will have to refer the matter to an engineer as I am not confident enough to attempt a fix myself. When I looked at the 'Device Manager' option from the Windows Start menu, although a DVD/CD-ROM drive was listed, the driver date shown was 21/06/2006 which seems way too old. Perhaps a driver update might fix the problem but I do not know.

HP Recommended

@Warner1,

I suggest you use a drive eject program  and a software package called VLC.

The eject program will open the tray (it does work in WIN 10) and VLC will play most media.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

"when I manually input a disk no pop-up box appears."
So it's different, in this case you know how to open your reader, but it is not functional
tried what is stated here:

https://support.hp.com/hr-en/document/c03370738

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03280768
if this does not work and you are still under warranty, you will need to contact your seller, or HP after-sales service

"the driver date shown was 21/06/2006 which seems way too old.  "

no , it s normal

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.