Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 750-524
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hp 750-524, have ssd boot dr and want larger boot ssd Between 500-100gb. Should just replace current ssd 128 or keep it a main and add 2nd? What. I mean can ps handle it? Has 3 Sata ports with 2 used and dont see any power cables to attach for 3rd drive. Mother board is Odense2-k.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

If you wish to add a third HD or SSD then there are power cables inside to add a third HD or SSD.  You will need a SATA data cable and another 2.5" SSD caddy and mounting guides screws. HP usually places a part number sticker on the parts such as the existing SSD caddy. The mounting guide screws might be available on Ebay.

You will have to decide if you want to replace the existing 2.5" SSD or replace it.   I suggest that you replace it and then buy an external USB case or just use an external USB to SATA adapter.  500 GB or 1TB should be more than enough SSD capacity.

Back up your data and be sure to create the HP external recovery media. After you replace the existing SSD then use the HP external recovery media to reload the system.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Davshep2016

It already has 1TB of 7200rpm as shown

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05380394

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

If you wish to add a third HD or SSD then there are power cables inside to add a third HD or SSD.  You will need a SATA data cable and another 2.5" SSD caddy and mounting guides screws. HP usually places a part number sticker on the parts such as the existing SSD caddy. The mounting guide screws might be available on Ebay.

You will have to decide if you want to replace the existing 2.5" SSD or replace it.   I suggest that you replace it and then buy an external USB case or just use an external USB to SATA adapter.  500 GB or 1TB should be more than enough SSD capacity.

Back up your data and be sure to create the HP external recovery media. After you replace the existing SSD then use the HP external recovery media to reload the system.

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

"If you wish to add a third HD or SSD then there are power cables inside to add a third HD or SSD"  Where are these cables?  I see 2 power cables from the PS to the SSD and then the HDD. I need a 3rd.  Trying to add a 3rd HDD 4TB. 

Also, I do not see an open SATA cable.  Is there a specific port on the mother board or do I just daisy chain off the existing HDD?

Thanks. 

HP Recommended

@ZoNoMo

The hard drive cage is provisioned for three hard drives in the HP 750-524. However, there are only three SATA ports on the motherboard. If you give using the optical drive (use an external USB optical drive insread) then you can install three hard drives.  You will still need a standard SATA data cable and a SATA Y power splitter.  Newegg.com has the cables and SATA Y power splitters.

HP Recommended
Thank you very much for your help. I appreciate it. Sorry to reply so late but had major personal issues. Thanks again
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.