Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp 8300 sff
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As I planning to buy a refurbished Hp 8300 sff , I would like to know what is the max capacity of hard drive space.

i know it can handle 1tb but will it handle more say 2tb or 3tb hard drive.

second, 

Let say limit is 1tb , can I insert 2  hard drive   Of 1tb each or the max for all hard drive is total 1tb 

third, 

can how many sata 3 ports are in this.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello there umarazmat!: welcome to your forum! I can give a partial answer to your question

as long as both HD's don't exceed 2.1TB you'll be fine if you go beyond that then you need both a GPT as well as a UEFI BIOS due to the drives exceeding the limit of Windows

HP Recommended

... otherwise what you'll see is (as an example) a 3TB drive patitioned into a 2.1TB C:  &  the remaining 1TB either ünallocated(colored grey) or used with another letter

HP Recommended

@umarazmat,

The service manual states 1 each 3.5 external and internal bay. 

There are 3 SATA headers on the motherboard.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

We have one more desktop 8300 at work. In that single 1tb is working with 2 partition 

and another 500gb hdd inserted single partition but ( single it had errors in drive we removed it,) and dvdrw working too. Was using three ports.

now we are planning to get another and want to insert 2tb hard drive seagate barracuda (new) and it will have 2 or 3 partition, and it will have the main C drive for windows in it. Along with 500gb another (used) for back up.

or 

1tb (new seagate barracuda ) , 2 partition and will have main C drive for windows , along with 2tb (again new seagate) with three partition , including storage drive.

so will this works and recognised both drive and space with partition.

and as seagate have three years then Wd 1 year and cheaper then western digital blue that why we are choosing seagate.

and oh will 2tb or 3tb portal hard drive be recognised though USB 3.0 port?

HP Recommended

Re: Hp 8300 max capacity of hard drive and drives limit [ New ]
Options
‎09-16-2017 05:41 PM
Hello there umarazmat!: welcome to your forum! I can give a partial answer to your question

as long as both HD's don't exceed 2.1TB you'll be fine if you go beyond that then you need both a GPT as well as a UEFI BIOS due to the drives exceeding the limit of Windows

Whqt do u mean by got and UEFA bios ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.