Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 280 G2 Microtower-PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whatever happened to the German Community site? Does anyone know - I am unable to get there, my browser (google) won't let me 🙂 saying it is an insecure site

any hint would be appreciated!

Marion

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Marion:

The HP French, German and Korean support forums have been set as read only, and now the only active forums are the Chinese, English, Portuguese, and Spanish.

I also checked to see if I could access the German support forum, and nothing shows up for me, it just redirects me here.

Apparently, there was only a small window of time you could access the French, German and Korean support forums as read only.

This was the announcement made recently...

"We would like to inform that the HP French, German, and Korean Support Communities will no longer be available as of Friday, December 13th, 2019. We will maintain our English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Chinese Support Communities.

These three communities will be read-only on December 9th, 2019. Users can view content but cannot post any new forum topics or replies. After December 13th, 2019, these three sites will automatically redirect to our English Support Community." 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi, Marion:

The HP French, German and Korean support forums have been set as read only, and now the only active forums are the Chinese, English, Portuguese, and Spanish.

I also checked to see if I could access the German support forum, and nothing shows up for me, it just redirects me here.

Apparently, there was only a small window of time you could access the French, German and Korean support forums as read only.

This was the announcement made recently...

"We would like to inform that the HP French, German, and Korean Support Communities will no longer be available as of Friday, December 13th, 2019. We will maintain our English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Chinese Support Communities.

These three communities will be read-only on December 9th, 2019. Users can view content but cannot post any new forum topics or replies. After December 13th, 2019, these three sites will automatically redirect to our English Support Community." 

HP Recommended

thank you for kindly answering - at least it solves my question if I were being just too clumsy to find the right site

best wishes for the holdidays

Marion

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Marion.

Happy Holidays to you too!

Paul

HP Recommended

Sorry Paul, it's a very bad idea of the colonels to redirect the german community! I want read the questions and answers there - do you know how do I get there?

Thank You for helping and

Happy Holidays!

HP Recommended

Hi, @HelgoLand1 

Unfortunately the French, German, and Korean HP forums have been completely shut down.

They were read only for a couple of days, and then completely shut down.

I thought they were going to remain as read only sites indefinitely, but I was wrong.

They no longer exist.

Happy Holidays!

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.