Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Compaq 6200 Pro MT

I bought a second hand HP Compaq 6200 pro Mt with no Cpu but it does have a pentium sticker so it used to have a pentium, from what i know the chipset on these things can support a 2gen i5 and i7 like the 2400 but im wondering do i need to update the bios first to make the 2400 work? The PC does not post it only turns on, the fans spin and after a minute the fans go super loud and it stays like that, no display aswell so i can't acess the bios 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Silva23,

You need a CPU chip to get further. Read page 1 and 2 completely.

This old circa 2011 machine. It had various OS (including WIN 7 and Win 8.1) Each had a BIOS level specific to the OS.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

I had the same problem recently. Your system will post eventually, mine took around 20 minutes, but still, it's very buggy and too slow for the specs. As I bought it from a company that deals with sh and refurbished PCs I mine was in warranty. I sent my PC to the shop and the technician there updated my bios and some hdd firmware.

Fun fact, at the moment of writing this post, my computer is being shipped back to me so I havent seen whether the problem was solved. That guy said it's resolved, but im suspicious as looking through forums, im not so sure if any other than the 2.28 version of bios works :)) and idk which version he installed. 

Im hopping it's going to work and if you are still dealing with this problem i will come later with an update whether it's working or not now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.