Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Compaq 6200 Pro MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So i have a 7 year old HP Compaq 6200 Pro MT that i use for school and web browsing and it really hasn't bothered me much until now.

I have a Nvidia 210 pretty edited** i know, but gets the job done for what i want the PC for, but yesterday i decided to remove it and use the onboard graphics instead, so i enabled the igpu in the Bios and removed the Gpu, when all was done i plugged the monitor in to the motherboard VGA slot and started the PC, the monitor went to power save Mode and the monitor light turned orange and my keyboard wouln't light up aswell, altough my mouse did.

What i did next was reinstall the 210 and plug the VGA cable in it, and when i started my PC it kept displaying the power save message and going blank and the keyboard wouldn't light up aswell.

My front leds turn on, the CD Drive is working it opens and closes, the fans spin, and if i leave the PC on for about a minute they start going crazy loud, this didn't happen before.

I have removed the Cmos battery and put it back in the PC

I have reseated the Gpu

I have Reseated the RAM modules and tried botting with just 1 RAM stick

I have reseated the Cpu

Nothing as worked so far..

Im starting to think maybe the psu is going bad, if i remove all the RAM my MB beeps like it should, but if the psu was bad the fans wouldn't work along with the CD Drive right?

Edited**

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Silva23,

Can you evoke the BIOS?

You changed this "so i enabled the igpu in the Bios".

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

I can't get to the Bios, i tried using the motherboard VGA still the same, i have pressed the cmos button, removed the jumper and the cmos battery in hopes of resetting the bios settings i dont know if it worked

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.