3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Hp Envy desktop will no turn on, no lights

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 750-100 Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello, 

I've had this desktop for around 3 years and it's worked pretty well. I began to be distant from it but have started to come back to using. While I was playing a game, the whole system shut off completely, and the lights went off as well. The power button's light was also off, and it would turn the system back on when I pressed it. I unplugged the system, and plugged it back in but with no luck. I took the PC's plug out of the power surge and into the outlet with again no luck. I have no idea what happened and I'm in dire need for assistance with school starting for me again. I think it could be a hardware issue, but I'm not a tech genius.

3 REPLIES 3
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,772 6,756 637 1,524
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Swank826

Let's start the troubleshooting process.

Please provide your PC's specific product number. 750-100 series HP PC's have five different motherboards.

The HP product number should be located on the left side of the chassis.

Please describe what happens when you depress the power switch when doing a cold boot.

Do you see any images on the monitor indicating a Power on Self Test, HP logo, or onboard device enumeration? Any LED lights on the tower.

Any power supply (PS) LED activity located at the  rear of the chassis? What color is the PS LED?

It does sound like you have a hardware problem but I can't get a handle on what is happening.

Tom

0 Kudos
Swank826
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the help. The product number is 750-114. Nothing happens on the monitor when I press the power button. The back of the PC is a light that is on. The PS led is a solid green. 

0 Kudos
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,772 6,756 637 1,524
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

You are welcome.

Any LED activity on the PC tower?

No chassis (front panel) LED activity or HDD/CD/DVD spin up activity (concurrent with a green power supply LED) suggests the power supply may have failed. The motherboard may also be in trouble.

You have a hardware problem. This problem cannot be fixed in this forum.

You have to have a local PC tech troubleshoot or contact HP Support for service.

Very sorry.

Tom

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation