Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I would like to upgrade my OEM drive with an SSD drive, so I need to find out what SSD is compatible.  Do I need to know more detail with the model number?  It seems that 'p0xx' doesn't really narrow down the search parameters enough.  Thanks for your help!

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, David.

This is the actual model number of your PC, based on the product number you posted.

HP Pavilion 570-p049 Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

You stated that you wanted to upgrade the OEM hard drive to a solid state drive.

You can do that in one of two ways...

1. Replace the existing 3.5" drive with a 2.5" SSD. You will need some kind of adapter to mount the 2.5" drive into the 3.5"bay.

They make many different designs of 3.5" to 2.5" hard drive adapters so find one that would make the best fit.

2. The other option is to install a M.2 NVMe solid state drive in the available M.2 slot as was mentioned in this post.

Solved: Add M.2 SSD to Lubin Motherboard - HP Support Community - 7351824

With this method, you may be able to use the 2 TB hard drive for storage.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi, David:

What is the product number of your PC?

Use this guide to find that information...please do not post the serial number...

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick response!  Here's the model number:

Z5N55AA#ABL

David

HP Recommended

This is the actual model number of your PC, based on the product number you posted.

HP Pavilion 570-p049 Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

You stated that you wanted to upgrade the OEM hard drive to a solid state drive.

You can do that in one of two ways...

1. Replace the existing 3.5" drive with a 2.5" SSD. You will need some kind of adapter to mount the 2.5" drive into the 3.5"bay.

They make many different designs of 3.5" to 2.5" hard drive adapters so find one that would make the best fit.

2. The other option is to install a M.2 NVMe solid state drive in the available M.2 slot as was mentioned in this post.

Solved: Add M.2 SSD to Lubin Motherboard - HP Support Community - 7351824

With this method, you may be able to use the 2 TB hard drive for storage.

HP Recommended

Thanks a bunch!  I wasn't sure if my machine would support an NVMe drive.  That's the root I'll take.

Thanks again for your quick replies.  I expected an answer, just not that quick!

David

HP Recommended

Yes, I posted that link because your PC has the same Lubin motherboard, so a NVMe SSD should work in your model too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.