Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z210 CMT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi to all!

I have an HP z210 CMT Workstation, over the years I have updated some components and kept the bios updated to the latest version.
But I always had a problem: if I set idle fan speeds to the minimum from the bios, when the processor does demanding tasks the fan speed does not rise and the processor easily reaches 80 ° C.
If I set the idle speed of the fans to higher positions, then there is no problem of heating and the processor stays in acceptable temperatures.
However, the fans always remain at the same speed set by the bios, they do not increase or decrease in speed depending on the CPU usage.
I've also tried software like Speedfan, but it doesn't recognize the fan controller.
Is this situation normal or does my motherboard have any problems?

Thank you in advance

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

-replace the thermoconductive paste, it may be old and give away the heat badly

-Try use Coolsense HP program to control your fans

regards xBsh

HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for your reply.

The thermoconductive paste is new, i've already replaced a month ago.

HP Coolsense it's for notebook, in my Workstation it says that it's incompatible with my pc. Is there any version for Workstation?

HP Recommended

No ideas?

HP Recommended

@Blacky88,

This (LINK) is an archived item. If I read it correctly, the fan is a 4 pin PWM fan.  These are controlled by an internal speed sensor. Have you changed the fan?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Fans are original. CPU and chassis. They change speed only if I increase the minimum fan speed from the bios, instead they don't increase the speed automatically with the increase of the processor temperature.
Furthermore, no utility detects them for me so i cannot set them through a software.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.