Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8200 Elite Microtower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I bought a used pc and a gtx 1050 ti, the Card does not get detected and the bios seems to be very tight. I tried to update the bios but HP removed the latest update of their site....

The motherboard does detect the gpu because if i do not put in the power cables into the gpu it gives a error screen when I boot my pc. 

I'm using windows 10 (64 bit) now I can always change to windows 8 if thats needed.

Anyone knows what I can do?

i5 2400

8 gb ram

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I would have thought the gtx 1050ti would have worked.

I have the GT 1030 in my HP 8200 Elite CMT running BIOS v2.28, and it works just fine.

Here is the link to v2.28 if you have an older BIOS revision than that one.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71001-71500/sp71294.exe

Use the F10 Setup flash method to update the BIOS since you are running W10.

The Windows based flash was only written to be run on W7.

HP Recommended

It's installed and still does not work. there seems no way to enable gpu in bios.. Can I do something else?

HP Recommended

I was using a second pc to power the gpu, the second pc's power cable was pulled out so the gpu didnt work properly. Its fixed now 😂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.