Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 4000 Pro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought an adapter that has a 2 m.2 slots, one for an NVMe and 1 for SATA, that's PCIe x4 and I have it in the x16 slot on the mobo.. couldn't find support anywhere for the board so I decided to just buy the parts and see what happens.. well,  I installed the m.2 drive onto the adapter, plugged it into the x16 slot,  turned on the PC, and the PC itself was so laggy I couldn't even use it.. it was nuts.. I tried finding exactly what bios settings I need to change to get it to be seen by the pc but again, was unsuccessful considering its an old pc. I changed a few settings related to that slot to experiment, carefully of course, but nothing.. so I decided to come here to ask you fine and very wise folks. The bios settings I did find on Google to change weren't even in my bios settings.. I have some ideas as to why it was so laggy after I installed it into the slot, but don't want to start changing more bios settings because in all honesty, I'm just learning about this stuff and feel like i don't know enough to start doing that. And my research hasn't gotten me very far considering every other hp desktop except mine has came up in the results. I've still tried to get an idea and look to see if there settings they've started were even in there they weren't.. and I can't do anything through windows with it since the OS is so slow with it installed.. super slow.. and I have a Samsung evo 860 SATA ssd installed, if that helps.. the m.2 is a Toshiba XG5 256GB NVMe.. any help would be awesome!! I know there's gotta be some way to get it recognized.. even a custom driver.. there's gotta be something! I've been too busy to look into if any further up until now.  Sorry for the length of this btw! Thank. You for your time!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.