2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Hp elite 8200 sff randomly shuts down

HP Recommended
Hp elite 8200 sff
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my hp elite has a few issues

1. even though i have 8 gb ram in my pc it only shows 4 gb (it gave me the 164 memory error one time and even if i reseat or shuffle the ram it still shows 4 gb ram)

2. it randomly shuts down without warning one second im doing whatever and the next second i loose power, this happens every 30 minutes or so

3. when it does randomly shuts down and i press the power button to turn it on it turns on for a second then turns off, this happens for a few times then it finally boots properly (this only happens sometimes, most of the time it boots up normally)

i made sure that the cpu or the gpu wasn't the problem by running cinebench r20 and the heaven benchmark 2 times each and the pc didn't shut down while those were happening 

how do i fix these issues

specs:

intel core i5 2400

8gb ram (but only 4 is shown)

msi gt 1030 passive cooled

1tb hdd

120 gb ssd

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation