Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp elite 8300
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello so i want to buy an hp elite 8300 with the i7. I want to upgrade its gpu as well as a few other parts.. Ram, power supply, ssd, etc...  Befpre anyone says just build a new pc i do plan too but i want this for the time being and plan to possibly use it as a streaming pc once i do build a new pc. Now i dont care to keep the pc small form factor i will put it in a new case if thats what it takes to put in a new power supply and gpu. So my question is this. Ive seen a ton of videos on this but nobody has ever put in a gpu thats bigger or more power full than a gtx1050ti i want to know if i would run into compatibility issues if i wanted to put in a gtx 1060. As i said i dont care about the small form factor i just want to cram in as much power as i can. Once i do build the new pc since this most likely be a streaming pc at that point the 1060 will likely go into the new pc if i dont upgrade to something better at that point. Any input welcome thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I can't help myself.

Tier 1 system integrator PCs, especially SFF products, can become an upgrade nightmare wrapped in a bad dream.

Why?

Just build a new PC using industry standard components.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you and yes i understand i do plan on buidling a nice new pc just want something in the meantime to get me by, and when i do get the new pc i plan on using this one for streaming and editing

HP Recommended

Still looking for advice if anyone can help... Also if anybody knows whether this will be capable of streaming/recording with a capture card that would be appreciated... As i said above this is going ti my temporary gaming pc until i build a good one and i will use this for streaming after i do get a new pc... I will probably be streaming my ps4 and nintendo switch on it aswell .. If its capable. If anybody could suggest any upgrades TO THIS PC as well as anyadvice please let me know and as i said i do plan on building another pc but this will be later down the road please dont just tell me to build a new pc to save myself the trouble i know this pc is well capable of handling some stuff if it has the correct upgrades done.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.