Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp z820
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have Hp z820 with E5-2687w CPU. CPU0's one pin on the motherboard is broke and I find the new motherboard. My Motherboard is  618266-002 and bios block date is 12/28/2011.

Old MBOld MBBios_screen.jpg

I found the new motherboard from America and seller said you can use 61826-001 Motherboard because your cpu is v01. And 001 part numbered motherboards is compatible with e5-2687w cpu. I bought the motherboard and we install but there is no action on motherboard, no lights, no any sign of life on motherboard. I asked the seller, they says It should work because we test the motherboard before the send. We install old motherboard its working fine. But its not working with new motherboard.

New_motherboard.jpg

I saw some posts on the page but they generally got this problem when they update the cpu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

In my experience, the BIOS version in the NEW mainboard is OLDER than than the release date of the CPU you're trying to use. Therefore, the mainboard does not know how to identify it. If you update the bios to the LATEST version, it SHOULD work. The catch is though you need to put a CPU in it that the current BIOS will support in order to update the BIOS.

Hope that makes sense.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi

The fault/problem is what?

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=LJ452AV

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-z820-workstation/5225041/model/5228610?sku=LJ452AV

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04205252    Page 30 and  then 177

PC Board

619559-601System board (motherboard) - With Dual Integrated Intel Gigabit LAN on-board (LOM), High Definition integrated audio - Supports 1333/1600MHz DDR3 memory - For Windows 8 Professional   COMPLY_2.05

619562-001System board (motherboard) printed circuit assembly, 2S/DDR3 1333MHz memory (Patsberg)   COMPLY_2.05

708464-001System board (motherboard) printed circuit assembly, 2S/DDR3 1333MHz memory (Patsberg) - Base motherboard with no Windows product key injected   COMPLY_2.05

708610-001System board (motherboard) assembly - Supports 2S/DDR3 1333MHz memory (Patsberg)   COMPLY_2.05

-N/A-
708610-601System board (motherboard) assembly - Supports 2S/DDR3 1333MHz memory (Patsberg) - For Windows 8 Professional   COMPLY_2.05

I would check and then re-check all your part numbers and read the manually thoroughly.

HP Recommended

Hi

I hope I am wrong, I usually am, but -001 range of Main-Boards are listed as no Windows OS key injected, so it should run Linux only?

501 is W8.x

601 is PRO?

HP Recommended

No I got windows 10 licence on my wst. My problem is when I plug my cpu and powersuply from 002 mb to -001 motherboard, mb is not working, no any light or action. But sellers said we test the mb, its working fine as well Its competible with e5 2687w cpu.  But its not working. Its my problem. Mb is brand new.

HP Recommended

Hi

New Main-Boards need a TATTOO to work, usually done by HP, and possibly chargeable.

But you cannot possibly have read thru the manual.

LIKE I SAID CHECK YOUR PART NUMBERS

Your search for 61826-001 returned the following results :

Part number matching your criteria :
Part Number Description
261826-00111.3-inch DSTN display panel - Includes clutches, logo, and plastics
661826-001CABLE I/O

Serial Number : 618266-001
RoHS Status : NULL

No additional information for 618266-001  found in PartSurfer. Please read the hints below, and try again.

SO BYE.

HP Recommended

I found some numbers on invoice 
Its say
Hp Z820 Motherboard Assy 618266-001
Spare 619562-001 619562-501 619562-601

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

In my experience, the BIOS version in the NEW mainboard is OLDER than than the release date of the CPU you're trying to use. Therefore, the mainboard does not know how to identify it. If you update the bios to the LATEST version, it SHOULD work. The catch is though you need to put a CPU in it that the current BIOS will support in order to update the BIOS.

Hope that makes sense.

HP Recommended

I did. Its working now thank you :=)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.