Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ELITE i7 8300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hp elite 8300 sff intel core i7 3770   3,40Ghz

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I recommend the Nvidia GT 1030 low profile.  It only has a 30W power draw and should work fine with the 240W power supply the 8300 Elite SFF comes with.

Gigabyte GT 1030 Low Profile 2G - graphics cards (NVIDIA, GeForce GT 1030, 4096 x 2160 pixels, 1257 ...

I have the year older HP 8200 Elite and the card works fine in my PC, so it should also run fine in the 8300 Elite.

The GT 1030 would be newer and better than any of the video cards offered by HP for your PC.

You can see the list of supported video cards at the HP 8300 quickspecs link below, page 8.

HP Compaq Elite 8300 Business PC (itema-pg.com)

The SFF PCIe x 16 slot wattage is rated at 35W max power.   See page 14 of the above quickspecs link.

HP Recommended

hi

What use is desired with?

Illustrated Parts & Service Map HP Compaq 8300 Elite Business PC Small Form Factor

otherwise, you will find different references here

HP Compaq Business PC Maintenance and Service Guide Elite 8300 Series Convertible Minitower Elite 83...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

tell end use

GPU cards are the most complex  option on any PC as is DDR.

gaming?

tell use, first. as buying the wrong card is a huge waste of time, and delays and costs.

huge options if lucky a low profile GTX1650 will fit,

go to new egg.

see that left side column there,  only You know what you  need, vast choices there in fact. even plans next year.?

port types, too.

it must do what you want.

must fit the slot, most do not. (to tall  or too long) click low profile there. the see vast cards too long for SFF, HP does not spec  out slot lengths (nor do other OEM.) we use a ruler first  as low profile cards are always too long. measure  space.

and  not overload the 75watt slot. (above 75watt card work here ever) SFF limits huge.

fast cards use fast chips  and lots of  watts, and with huge heat sinks  and  when made low profile are now too long.

the real fast cards fail for watts. here.

75w max.

next time buy a full sized PC, so any card can run,  ask.  (and real ATX supply inside )or a real gaming PC, ask.

NO USE TOLD ,need for 3D ?

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.